OAJ’s core mission is to advance your client’s rights at the Statehouse, at the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and before the Ohio Supreme Court. OAJ is constantly vigilant and responds aggressively to any threat that would negatively impact your practice or the rights of Ohioans to have their disputes resolved by a jury.
CURRENT LEGISLATIVE NEWS:
• Public News
• General Interest
• Structured Settlements (HB 432): restored requirement that probate judges must approve requests to
alter terms of settlement.
• Medical Negligence
• Medical Negligence Tort Reform (HB 559)
• Collateral Recoveries from Universities (SB 56)
• Personal Injury
• “No pay, no play”
• Workers' Compensation
• Benefits for first responders with PTSD
• Coverage for firefighters who incur cancer (SB 27)
CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATOR:
Find your senators and representatives here.
CIVIL JUSTICE 101
Click here for a brief guide to the Ohio civil justice system.
Click here to read why the civil justice system is essential.
Read OAJ's bimonthly e-newsletter containing information from the statehouse, OAJ HQ, and newspapers from around the state.