Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
$120 for OH Members and Staff
February 11, 2021
Ohio Association for Justice
Join OAJ to learn the newest trends in Consumer Law with four special guest presenters. Attorney Melissa Wright, Section Chief of the Ohio Attorney General Consumer Protection Section, will present on everything from the role of the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Section to current hot topics in consumer law. Next, Attorney Daniel Karon will present on class actions based on consumer law violations. Dan Meyers will follow that presentation by teaching attendees about both residential construction cases and suing hospitals over billing issues. Finally, Mark Willis will focus his presentation on lemon law cases and trial preparation and tactics for residential construction cases. You will walk away with actionable knowledge you can apply to your consumer law cases right away.
Introduction (1:00 – 1:10)
Melissa Wright, Chief OAG Consumer Protection Section & Teresa Heffernan, Esq. Senior Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Protection Section (1:10 – 2:00)
- The Role of the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Section
- Accessing and Researching the Public Inspection File – You’ll be an Expert User
- Current Hot Topics at the Consumer Protection Section Including COVID Based Claims
- Enforcement Actions
- Traditional Consumer Law Claims
Daniel Karon, Esq. (2:00 – 2:30)
- Class Actions Based on Consumer Law Violations
Break (2:30 – 2:45)
Dan Myers, Esq. (2:45 – 3:15)
- Residential Construction Cases – the Law: Home Construction Quagmires
- Suing Hospitals Over Billing Issues: Added leverage for your Pi or Med Mal Case.
Mark Willis, Esq. (3:15 – 4:00)
- Screening Lemon Law Cases to Make Money & Help Consumers
- Insurers Jumping Titles to Totaled Vehicles
- Trial of the Residential Construction Case – Trial Preparation & Trial Tactics
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.