Please mark the areas of law your work supports below:
OAJ is often asked to share mailing addresses or business phone numbers with vendors providing services unique to trial attorneys.
All membership applications are subject to Board approval. Applicants will be notified within 60 days of submission if the application cannot be processed for any reason. The Operating Articles of the Ohio Association for Justice state that applicants must be:
H) A paralegal or legal assistant who:
(1) is actively engaged as an auxiliary to the practice of law;
(2) is employed by an attorney member of the Association who sponsors the paralegal or legal assistant; and
(3) does not contribute any time or work to the representation of insurance defense in civil litigation or defendants in the Worker’s Compensation system;
(4) adheres to the objectives of this Association and to the qualifications of such membership, and
(5) is of good moral character and adheres to the ethical rules of the legal profession and does not impugn the honor or dignity of the profession of law.
Paralegal and legal assistant members shall not:
1. have the right to hold office or be a member of the Board of Trustees within the Association;
2. have voting rights for any election of the Association;
3. be permitted to participate within any of the Association’s other sections or caucuses; or
4. have access to the same listservs as attorney members.
The Board of Trustees may establish policies and procedures for Paralegal and Legal Assistant members to select their own leadership for the membership category. This membership category must use a firm-owned or firm-managed email address for the membership category’s listserv access.
Sponsorship shall be the continual responsibility of the individual attorney member, and such sponsoring attorney member shall be ultimately responsible for the good standing of his/her sponsored paralegal/legal assistant member, including but not limited to the payment of membership dues. Should a member of the Paralegal & Legal Assistant membership category no longer meet the criteria within Section 1, subsection H, that person shall be removed from membership, effective immediately.
By submitting this online application you agree that you have read the provisions of this application and hereby state that you are qualified for OAJ membership.
OAJ thanks the following companies for their support