On behalf of Elk & Elk
On January 12, 2021, Governor Mike DeWine signed into law House Bill (H.B.) 352, which makes significant changes to how employment discrimination claims will be managed in Ohio. The new statute:
- Reduces the state’s previous six-year statute of limitations to two years
- Eliminates individual liability in discrimination cases
- Requires employees to file potential discrimination charges with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission for mediation before going to court
- Incorporates age discrimination claims with all other protected classes
- Establishes an affirmative defense if employers prevent or promptly correct unlawful discriminatory practices and/or employees fail to take advantage of corrective opportunities provided by employers
The Ohio Association for Justice does not provide legal advice. All information, content, and materials provided on this website are for general informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.